At Deer Haven Campground, we reserve the right to select our clientele and their guests. We may evict without prior notice anyone who creates a disturbance, nuisance or deliberately breaks any of the campground rules. NO repayment of fees will be made in the event if such an eviction is imposed. Upon occupancy of a site or cabin, each camper agrees to abide by the following:
- Quiet hours are from 10:30 P.M. until 8:00 A.M.
- The pool is for registered guests only.
- THE CAMPGROUND SPEED LIMIT IS 5 MPH - DRIVE LIKE YOUR CHILD IS PLAYING
- NO cleats are to be worn in the cabins or on any porch.
- NO smoking in the cabins, at the pool or in any of the public bathrooms. Please dispose of any cigarette butts properly. Discarded cigarette butts around your campsite is littering and you will be billed $1.00 per cigarette butt that is found at your campsite after your departure.
- NO fire-arms of any kind or fireworks.
- NO PARKING ON ANY GRASS
- NO Generators – except in the case of a power outage.
- NO cutting, trimming or dragging wood from our woods . Firewood is available at the main office.
- Campfires, not bonfires are permitted in fire rings only. NEVER leave a fire unattended. Do not move fire rings or burn trash in them. Fires must be out by midnight.
- DO NOT PUT PORTABLE GRILLS ON THE PLASTIC PICNIC TABLES – THEY WILL MELT.
- Group gatherings with non-registered guests are prohibited at the cabins and campsites.
- You are responsible for and agree to pay for any damage done to the cabins or RV sites.
- Pets are NOT allowed inside cabins, RV rentals or at the POOL.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior at ALL times. All park occupants and guests must comply with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Check in is 9AM -9PM
- Check out is at 10AM
- A visitor is anyone who is not registered, whether they are here for an hour, for a short swim, a lunch time barbeque or just to relax between games. All visitors must obtain a visitor day pass and pay $3 per person at the main office – if nobody is in the office, you need to call 607-433-9654 and arrange for your visitors to register. Visitors are a liability to our business. If visitors are not registered, they are trespassing. Visitors create garbage, use water, create sewage and sometimes break/damage our campground facilities…all which cost money and none of which is included in the price of your stay. Visitors can be registered between 9am and 8pm. Paid visitors must leave the campground by 10pm – no exceptions – Day passes are good for the day of purchase only. Minors are not to be unattended – you are responsible for any damage your visitors may cause. Each site may have a maximum of 4 visitors per day Group gaterings of 10 or more are not allowed at any site. That does not mean if you are with a group that has rented 10 cabins you can have 40 visitors . We have to limit our occupancy . Please check in advance before you invite visitors. We apologize if you feel our policy seems strict and unwelcoming, but in our experience this policy ensures all customers will enjoy their stay.
CANCELLATION POLICY -
Cancellation Policy - Weekly rentals 2021 summer season
Due to financial losses incurred by COVID 19 cancellations, we have had to change our reservation and cancellation policies.
We no longer accept credit cards for deposits. All payments must be made by check or ACH transfer (available on our invoicing program).
A $75 deposit will be required to hold an RV site and $250 is required to hold a cabin/rv rental. These deposits are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation (regardless of the reason - communicable diseases included) unless the site/cabin is re-rented for the week of your hold. We cannot make any exceptions. If you are concerned about cancelling, we recommend you purchase travel insurance.
Final payments for June reservations are due April 1st.
Final payments for July reservations are due May 1st.
Final payments for August reservations are due June 1st.
Final payments are not refundable, but can be transferred. Failure to make a final payment 60 days prior to your reservation will result in your reservation being cancelled and you will forfeit your deposit.
Fill out the following reservation request form or call 607-433-9654 to check for availability. This form does not guarantee a reservation. To make a formal reservation, please call us.
FIREWOOD ALERT - "DON'T MOVE FIREWOOD"
A NEW REGULATION is now in effect that prohibits the import of firewood into New York unless it has been heat treated to kill pests. The regulation also limits the transportation of untreated firewood to less than 50 miles from its source.
Local firewood is for sale at the campground office.
GOLF CART POLICY & RULES
- ALL GOLF CART OPERATORS MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
- Golf carts may NOT be operated by unlicensed drivers, Unless accompanied by a PARENT or GUARDIAN. (Parent or Guardian MUST be in front seat beside operator)
- Proof of valid golf cart specific liability insurance must be provided - $100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury and $50,000 Property Damage
- 5 MPH speed limits are to be followed at all times
- Non-electric Carts are not to be driven during quiet hours (10:00PM – 8AM)
- All carts must have working headlights and taillights – lights must be on at dusk
- Do not allow more passengers than seating permits – NO RIDING ON THE BACK STANDING UP
- Pedestrians always have the right of the way – yield to any vehicle hauling a camper
- Golf carts operation is limited to use on established Park roads and trails. Drive in designated areas only. Do NOT short-cut across grassy areas or other campsites.
- The golf cart owner has the sole responsibility for the golf cart and as such accepts all responsibility for anyone who may operate their golf cart. Failure by anyone to comply with the rules of operation could result in the loss of golf cart privileges at Deer Haven Campground & Cabins, LTD.